A Rally for Guaranteed Healthcare as a Human Right: Medicare for All
This event will close the international Beyond Reimagining conference at Malcolm X College.
Join the march: Leave Malcolm X College, 1900 W. Jackson Blvd, at 5:00 pm (gather at Damen and Van Buren according to the flyer).
Join the rally: Louis Pasteur Momunent, 1901 West Harrison Street, 5:30 pm.
ISPC Chicago and PNHP Illinois are co-sponsors.
If your organization would like to co-sponsor the rally, please contact Anne Scheetz, email@example.com, as soon as possible, for more information.
Malcolm X College is wheelchair accessible.
PNHP press release here.
From the organizers:
Our speakers for the rally include:
- Nahiris M. Bahamón, M.D., resident in pediatrics at University of Chicago and a board adviser for Physicians for a National Health Program
- Paul Pierre, M.D., Partners in Health
- Linda Rae Murray, M.D., M.P.H,, former Chief Medical Officer, Cook County Public Health Department
- Claudia Fegan, M.D., executive medical officer for the Cook County Health and Hospital System and chief medical officer at John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County; national coordinator, Physicians for a National Health Program
- Pastor Emma Lorenzo, Lincoln United Methodist Church
If you have a white coat or scrubs, wear them to the march so we can make a strong visual impact.