Labor Outreach Committee
- Make contact with Illinois labor groups with the goal of finding ways to work together toward a single-payer health care system in Illinois and the US
- Educate Illinois labor groups about single-payer health care
- Educate Illinois single-payer activists about health system issues that are important to working people
- Promote Illinois labor activists' membership and leadership in ISPC
- Develop and propose within ISPC policies and actions that further collaboration between labor and single-payer activists
Members (affiliations listed for identification only):
Bill Bianchi, Chicago; ISPC representative to Chicago Jobs with Justice
Mike Brennan, Chicago; American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) Illinois Retirees, Sub-Chapter 60
Pam Gronemeyer, Glen Carbon
HJ James, Chicago
Cathleen Jensen, Chicago; Service Employees International Union (SEIU), Local 73
David Johnson, Champaign; Champaign County Central Labor Council; ISPC representative to Central Illinois Jobs with Justice
Mark Johnson, Chicago; University Professionals of Illinios, IFT, AFT
Hale Landes, Naperville, Chair; International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 134; ISPC representative to Northern Illibois Jobs with Justice
Simon Piller, Chicago; Doctors Council, SEIU
Jim Rhodes, Chicago
Johanna Ryan, Berwyn
Anne Scheetz, Chicago; PNHP representative to Chicago Jobs with Justice
Amy Seidenbecker, Chicago; AFSCME Local 2858
Sean Zolfo, Chicago
Committee members communicate by email, and meet in person and/or by conference call as needed.
The Labor Outreach Committee welcomes any ISPC member who is interested in working toward our goals. Contact Hale Landes as above.
- Click here for a sample resolution in support of HR 676, from Unions for Single Payer Health Care.
- Click here for a sample resolution in support of singe-payer at the state and national levels from the Labor Campaignn for Single Payer.
- The complete text of a resolution in support of HR 676, by UAW Local 551, is included in this press release.
- A list of labor and other organizations that support Expanded and Improved Medicare for All (single-payer universal health care).
- Click here for an list of talking points for labor on single-payer health care.
- Click here for a list of talking points for labor on Obamacare (PPACA).
- Many articles on our website deal with topics relevant to labor and health care, in Illinois and in general. You can use the "search" function to find articles on employer sponsored health insurance, labor disputes, Taft-Hartley plans, wellness plans, workers' comp, dependent coverage, and other topics.
Labor Outreach Committee activism here.