Find information about single-payer health care and related issues, as well as allies working to make it a reality. For additional links, please visit our Member Organizations page, and the Organizations Supporting Single-Payer Health Care page.
On this page:
- National organizations that provide information and engage in single-payer activism.
- National organizations that do not support single-payer, but that publish useful studies and information.
National sites for best information and action
PNHP has been advocating for single-payer reform since 1987, as well as conducting research on the health crisis, coordinating speakers and forums, contributing scholarly articles to medical journals, and much more. Its website is an excellent source of background information and news on single-payer. Some features to check out:
- Quote of the Day: Daily health policy update by PNHP Policy Fellow Don McCanne
- Information for students (directed to medical students, but readily modified for any group with an interest in health policy) student forum; starting a student chapter; what students can do.
- YouTube channel here.
Healthcare-NOW! is a grassroots organization that educates and advocates for single-payer healthcare legislation at the national level. It’s a good place to go for action alerts on national legislation.
- Information on national campaigns and actions that local groups may want to get involved in.
- National single-payer resources.
- Sign up for monthly Healthcare-NOW! action alerts.
National organizations that do not support single-payer, but that publish useful information and studies.
This organization is not a single-payer advocate, but offers good research reports on health care and health policy issues.
This foundation also provides research on health care and health policy issues.
Health Care Renewal publishes useful critiques of the health care system but does not support single-payer.