Speak up for improved Medicare for all at Your Congressional townhall!
Show up and speak up for improved Medicare for all at a Congressional townhall!
When: during the Congressional spring recess, April 10 to 21.
How to find a townhall: Go the the Townhall Project website. here, and enter your zip code in the red box.
Note: The Project lists events besides townhalls for some legislators, including neighborhood office hours and workshops. You can sign up for updates for your Congressional district and state.
To find out whether your Congressperson is a co-sponsor of HR 676, click here. On the left you can click on the state, or you can read through the list of names.
Some ideas about what to do:
Before the meeting:
- Go with friends.
- Have someone save good seats, from which the speaker can see you easily.
- Consider flyering and signing up supporters if you have enough people (see after the meeting).
During the meeting
- Raise your hand (be assertive about it) or get in line as soon as the floor is opened for questions.
- Make a comment or ask a question about improved Medicare for all. Have it ready! Write it out if that's helpful to you.
- Film yourself and the response and promote it on social media.
- Applaud and cheer comments that you are happy with.
After the meeting
- Put on your ISPC tee shirt and your single-payer button, if you chose not to wear them during the meeting
- As people leave, pass out one of the flyers on this page.
- Use this form to sign up supporters of improved Medicare for all.
- Report back to the ISPC discussion list serve, here, or to email@example.com.
And, keep the conversation going!